Today is the first day of our 30 Day Family Fast. Not a fast from food, and goodness not a fast from wine, one from electronics. I recognize that we’ll need to modify the rules as we go, but for now it means no television (including you tube), no video games, no Nintendo DS and (according to the kids) NO FUN for 30 days. There are a ton of reasons we are doing this but to list a few here they include.
- Our focus needs to be on school and getting organized.
- We have a limited amount of time together, it would be nice to actually see each other when we are home.
- Video games and TV shouldn’t replace the desire to read and do well in school….unfortunately, we’re gonna have to force it a bit.
- The grown-ups are constantly complaining about not enough time to do things around the house we need to do….cut TV and we hope to have more time.
- We have a million board games we need to break in.
Wish us luck on our adventure. I think it is fair to say we are all a little scared and excited at the same time.