The other night I was drawn to thoughts of the blog I created and haven’t kept up. Sorry this has been the case. I feel a little guilty writing about this topic since my mantra and much of the content has shifted in the past few months. My attempts at remaining active and healthy have become lame excuses for not working out and eating. The year hasn’t been a complete loss though. I have learned some lessons, made some new friends and gained some things (pounds, years and pant sizes) It’s been a plus one year all around. Here are a few things I learned this year.
- Somtimes, people throw rocks at you.
- Biking to work is one of the funnest, best ways to excercise. (Now STOP SNOWING!!)
- You can get bigger than your biggest fat pants.
- I still get surprised when people call me names, to be specific, ass and bitch.
- Reconnecting with old friends isn’t always a good thing. Most time you realize you didn’t have anything in common in the first place.
- The Wii Fit is completely ineffective if you never use it.
- Sometimes mantras have to be rewritten because I can’t get my ass off the couch.
- I can’t keep my knees together.
- Midway and O’hare both have Delta…but they fly different places.
- If I don’t drive them all crazy first, friends and family are the best things I’ve got going for me.
I’ll be ringing in the new year with a bottle of bubbly and some great apps. Thinking of ways to move it next year. Till then….Happy New Year to all of you.